Designing with the Spartan-6 Family
2 days - 14 hours
- Learn how to effectively utilize Xilinx Spartan®-6 architectural resources.
- Master the CLBs and different type of slices structure.
- Master clocks resources (DCM, PLL and also global , horizontal, area and IO clocks).
- Design effectively with block RAM and block DSP.
- Effectively use I/O blocks especially with SERDES blocks.
- Know the memory controllers.
- Use the proper VHDL coding techniques.
- Discover the integrated hardware resources (Multi-Gigabit Tranceivers and PCI-e)
- Basic knowledge FPGAs architectures.
- A successful first experience of designing an VHDL or Verilog based FPGA.
- Software Configuration :
- Xilinx ISE Design Suite 13.1 Logic Edition
- Hardware configuration:
- Recent computer (i5 or i7)
- Windows XP or 7
- At least 4Go RAM
- Minimum display resolution 1024 x 768
Spartan-6 family overview
CLB and Slices architecture
HDL Coding techniques
I/O Blocks (continue)
Clocking Resources and management
Introduction to dedicated resources (MGT et PCI-e)
- Face to face
- Presentation by video projector
- Provision of paper-based course materials
- Authorized Trainer Provider XILINX : Engineer Electronics and Telecommunications ENSIL
- Expert FPGA XILINX - Language VHDL - DSP - Design RTL
Methods of monitoring and assessment of results
- Attendance sheet
- Evaluation questionnaire
- Evaluation sheet on:
- Technical questionnaire
- Result of the Practical Works
- Validation of Objectives
- Presentation of a certificate with assessment of prior learning
- Technicians and Engineers in Digital Electronics